You have multiple cameras in a scene. You want to view or render the scene from different angles through the different cameras. For you to view the scene from the camera you want, you have to make the respective camera active. How would I do this? There are a few ways to set the active camera in Blender.
Method 1: Set the active camera from the menu
- Select the camera you want to be active
- Go to 3D Viewport Header -> View -> Cameras -> Set active object as camera
Method 2: Use the scene property
On the Scene tab in the Properties Editor, select a camera object from the list to make it active
Method 3: Use the outliner
Click the green camera icon beside the camera’s name in the outliner to toggle it as active for the scene.
How to switch active cameras in animation in Blender
To change the active camera during an animation you use Markers on the timeline.
- Select the camera you want to make active
- On the timeline, scroll to the frame you want the camera to switch to active
- With the cursor in the timeline, press ‘M’ on the keyboard. (Or go to Marker > Add Marker) on the timeline menu.A Marker has now been added on your animation timeline
- Select the camera that you want to set as the new active camera and the marker to which you want to bind it to, then press Ctrl + B in the Timeline (or Timeline header > View > Bind camera to markers)