This is the second and last part of my rig and animate a car tutorial. You need to rig your car first before you continue with this tutorial. To learn how to quickly rig your car, follow this how to rig a car in blender 2.8 tutorial.
- Add a plane that you will be using as ground or road.
- Make the plane uneven using the displacement modifier
- Select the car rig and go to pose mode.
- Click ‘N’ to reveal the properties panel
- On the rigacar tab, select one picker at a time to select your plane as shown in the video above.
- Now when you select the root bone of the car and move it along your plane, it should react to the uneven road.
- All that is left to do is baking the steering movement and wheel rotation as in the video above.